Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

First Sail of the 2008 Season: This Saturday

I have to sail the boat from its temporary marina north of the Bay Bridge to my home base marina located off the Rhode River. This has to be done before the end of the month and my travel schedule dictates that it be done this Saturday regardless of weather. And we've got less than ideal conditions:

Temps from the high 30s to low 50s, winds NNW 9mph, 50% chance of showers, cloudy.

Luckily, I've got a star crew (G. McGillicuddy at the camera) and a bottle of Schmuggla. That oughta do it.
Comments:
Sounds like quite an adventure LB. Wish I could be there to help. Good luck to ya.

btw, my Dad bought a catamaran last year, so after many years of quiet repose landlocked repose, I will be sailing again this summer. Oh happy days.
 
we're having a St Patty's day regatta. With my engine busted it means it's going to be a one boat regatta, and I'm crew on the remaining boat. At least we won't lose.

good luck on yer sail!
 
Where's the star crew? You guys all look like you're trying to figure out what you have in your hands.

Godspeed.
 
Despite the three things you say you've learned, that photo looks like there's some tripping going on. Just saying. But it looks like a lovely day. Have fun on the water.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters