Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Winter is killing me.

Winter's torture is hard for me to bear any longer. I have 18 long days before I depart for Burma where the weather, as Orwell described it, rolls from the earth "... like the breath of an oven. The flowers, oppressive to the eyes, blaze with not a petal stirring, in a debauch of sun. The glare sends a weariness through one's bones."

If I don't get that "weariness" into my bones soon, I'll go insane. Fuck this cold nonsense. Not even the fireplace or Wild Turkey Rye are helping.
Comments:
You probably have Seasonal Affective Disorder.

You need a special UV light and maybe some anti depressants.

the light is legit, not new age psycho babble.
 
Thanks, AR.

I think I just need to travel to a hot country, which I'll be doing in just over two weeks.
 
Does this mean you're probably going to move to Hotlanta?
 
Its funny. Down here in Austin people freaked out when it got cold enough for ice. For two days the whole town shutdown. But I guess it only gets cold for a few weeks a year so people don't have a chance to get used to it...
 
i have to agree with you. this weather is brutal.
 
Eveyone here is nuts!! This has been the warmest winter ever! I remeber the yesterdays of ice skating on Lake needwood, Now Cichlids survive all year round, Bring on the Snow!!!!!
 
Let's all go in on a tanning bed and a sweatbox.
 
i think you're all a bunch of milk-fed pussies! This weather is awesome. I walked 5 miles today in DC and I could walk 5 more. Life is what you make of it. Go out and live a little you d-bags!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters