Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm not running unless someone's chasing me.

On my average walk around the block, I'll be passed by at least five people in tights, t-shirts and ipods---speeding by on foot. I am not one of those people. In fact, I don't plan on doing any running, ever, unless I'm being chased by someone who's trying to hurt me. Sidewalks are meant to be walked upon, not ran upon. Especially in the city.

Runners always look silly to me. I'm sure there was a time in history when jogging was simply not done and would've been considered an oddity. Picture New York City in 1947. The streets, the people going places, the sounds, the smells. Now picture someone just running around amongst the people, merely for the sake of running around. That fool would have been laughed at---fucking running around past all those folks walking to their places of business or pleasure. It would've been a spectacle. I say we return to that: where running around for the sake of running around is subject to public ridicule. That's my kind of society.
Comments:
Ha! HP took it hook, line and sinker!
 
That's what I always say, "I'm not running unless someone's chasing me." I mean really. I agree with your post. I enjoy watching the runners come up to a stop light, and then run in place. It's great!

Perhaps secretly I'm jealous, because I'm not that active.... Hm....
 
Damon, you're going to die of heart disease by the time you're 40 unless you get some excercise.

However, I do agree that people who run on crowded city streets are jackasses.
 
Get half naked and jump in a pool.

Running is lame and too easy. Swimmers use all their muscles at once and can't breath whenever they want to.
 
Yo, greggers, I ride the bike to work every day in the summer so you best STFU.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters