Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Monday, October 31, 2005

My Trip to Cambodia in 2003

I'm starting to get nostalgic about travel, pending my trip to Buenos Aires in two and a half weeks. Trying to get myself excited about leaving the plain ole normalcy of DC, I was browsing through some pictures of my last vacation abroad to Cambodia in 2003. Here're a few.

Neglected temple in the middle of nowhere.


They sell pizza topped with marijuana called "Ecstatic Pizza" or sometimes "Happy Pizza". Got me so high I forgot my name.


Thousand-year-old temple.


Live eels for sale.


Old land mine and mortar fragment, used as ashtrays at a bar.


I got this classy shot at a bar of two dudes dancing with prostitutes.


Roadside dentistry. Yes please!


There're a lot of Japanese tourists in Cambodia. Notice the sweet sense of style: string tie, fishing vest, mussed grey wig and crooked half-fade sunglasses. "Ladies, ladies, there's enough Mr. Koichi for everyone."
Comments:
How is this post dated as Monday? Can I borrow that machine?
 
That looks like a boy scout bolo tie on Mr. Loichi. What's the deal with the wig, though? Is he in disguise?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters