Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Rolling Thunder, holy crap



Decided to take a dusk-time bicycle ride down to the mall. In case you don't live in DC, this weekend there are thousands of doods "rolling" around on their little bikey-poos in memory of some war or something. They've given it the tough name of "Rolling Thunder".

Peddling through this noisy cluster-fuck of folks in from flyover country, I was struck with an unfamiliar realization: I'm never around scary-ass white people. Never. What is it with DC? Do all DC guys wear light-blue-collared-shirts-tucked-into-khaki-pants-with-a-woven-belt- and-docksiders? My answer---having lived here for almost five years---is a sad, yes, for the most part.

Not to say that I want the fat, old and war-weary (30 years on) to barge into my city all the time, but come on people. Is there not one local white guy that can scare me? Not one?
Comments:
Holy shit that's funny.

I remember the days when I use to admire scary looking guys. Now they make me tremble.

Oh how I quiver.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters