Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

More on the Gibson (not my guitar)

This is a revision to my previous martini post. I've discovered the Gibson and I've made it my own.

Here's the best way to enjoy cold gin in a faggy glass:

- Pour a miniscule bit of Cointreau into a cocktail glass. Swirl it around, and then pour it into the sink.

- Spear two McSweet cocktail onions with a pick. Let them soak in their brine while you work on the next steps.

- Pour 1/2 ounce of dry vermouth into the shaker.

- Fill shaker with ice.

- Pour dry gin into the shaker until it's even with the ice.

- Shake, but not too vigorously. Too many ice chips means that you shook it too hard.

- Put the speared cocktail onions into the glass and pour the gin over them.

This could be the best 4.5 ounces of hard liquor you'll ever consume.
Comments:
I cut my gin with tonic. Would this drink be too strong for my pansy ass?

Is Bombay Saphire considered "dry" gin?
 
If you cut it with tonic that's fine, but it won't be a Gibson any longer---just a gin and tonic with pickled onions in it.

Sapphire is great!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters