Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

More on the Gibson (not my guitar)

This is a revision to my previous martini post. I've discovered the Gibson and I've made it my own.

Here's the best way to enjoy cold gin in a faggy glass:

- Pour a miniscule bit of Cointreau into a cocktail glass. Swirl it around, and then pour it into the sink.

- Spear two McSweet cocktail onions with a pick. Let them soak in their brine while you work on the next steps.

- Pour 1/2 ounce of dry vermouth into the shaker.

- Fill shaker with ice.

- Pour dry gin into the shaker until it's even with the ice.

- Shake, but not too vigorously. Too many ice chips means that you shook it too hard.

- Put the speared cocktail onions into the glass and pour the gin over them.

This could be the best 4.5 ounces of hard liquor you'll ever consume.
Comments:
If you cut it with tonic that's fine, but it won't be a Gibson any longer---just a gin and tonic with pickled onions in it.

Sapphire is great!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters