Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Winter's not all bad

I like that it's getting warmer out but I wish we'd get just one good hard snow storm. Today I was thinking about last year's big snow. I had woken up at 7 am on Saturday with plenty of energy ready to walk to work and dig out the doorway and front stoop. I walked the 2 miles to work in the deep snow with a snow shovel on my back while Woodie Guthrie's "John Henry" played on my disc man. Turns out work was cancelled and no one showed up. I packed up my shovel and headed home to sleep in some more. Come on. Let it snow at least once more!
Comments:
Two years ago was the really bad one. Our car was so completely buried, all you could see was the antenna poking up through the top of an enormous white mound.
 
In central PA they put antennas on the fire hydrants so snow plows won't hit them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters