Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Friday, July 02, 2004

Mucking About

Lord. It's been nearly a year since I've spent a full twelve hours doing back-breaking physical labor under the mid-day sun. Having worked in an office setting for most of my adult life, I don't often get the chance to experience what most of what the other half does on a daily basis. Today, I left the house at 8:30 in the morning and arrived back home at nine at night. I spent that time mucking about around my boat, and it kicked my ass. Since I'd made a list of things I wanted done for my upcoming trip, I HAD to get them all done, and in the end it turned out to be a pretty cathartic experience. When you're precariously carrying a 60-pound gas tank from a dock to the deck of a floating vessel, all the while trying not to trip over lines that you can't see, you don't have time to think about the little crap you were supposed to be stressed about. I guess this is part of what I like about days like today. When I leave the marina I can see exactly what I did and what I prepared for and it's a settling thought that gets me through my week.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters